Thursday, March 24, 2022

Storks and Co.


As I was saying. You go out and look for one thing and find another. If you’re lucky you might find what you are looking for and then something extra. That’s what happens when I go out to the wetlands (or anywhere, for that matter). I may have expectations, but they are not carved in stone. Mainly I want to be out in nature, in a beautiful enviornment, breathing freely, facemask tucked away in my pocket, and hoping to find something to photograph. In that regard, I am rarely disappointed.

So, a week or so ago I was out there in the wetlands looking for the storks. And I found them, of course, since it is nesting season and they are mostly at home in those big nests of theirs. 



But the storks weren’t alone.





These horses -- a special breed that thrives in wetlands, imported some years ago from the Camargue -- often graze in the field adjoining the stork village.



And then again, in a nearby pond, there were the ducks.  



But the ducks weren't alone.


And neither was that flamingo.




2 comments: