Friday, January 18, 2013

On The Road: Aiguamolls (Marshlands)


I meant to create a post about Reis, (Kings), and the parade on the evening of the 5th of January when the Three Wise Men rode into town on floats, attended by lots of colorful characters.  But my photos weren’t turning out well, and the streets were so packed that I couldn’t endure the crowds so I went home.  Nonetheless, I did learn something from the experience: first, that I can’t stand being in large crowds, and second, that I need to buy a book on photography.

So, instead of giving you the Calvalcada dels Reis, I give you the nearby Aiguamolls (marshlands) that I recently discovered and have visited twice.  This nature reserve is just 20 minutes away and much more to my liking.  There are no crowds – just peace and quiet and birds, although I didn’t get any good shots of them either!









For more information:
http://www.roses.cat/en/Turisme/Natura/AiguamollsEmporda.aspx

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful and peaceful!
    I no longer have a tolerance for
    large crowds also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Pictures. I always look forward to the pictures in your posts. I think I've said before that I think you have a good eye for photos. If not, I've said it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you. And Avi, like peace, praise is good!

    ReplyDelete