Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside


It always amazes me that so many Brits move to Spain for the weather.  No one from California would.  The weather anywhere in California (except maybe the Mojave desert) is much better than here, and especially in the San Francisco Bay Area which once was my home.  Here it is hotter (and very humid) in the summer and colder in the winter.  And don’t expect to find natural gas service unless you move to a city or town.  Many villages don’t have city gas and none of the rural areas do. 

It doesn’t rain much and only snows in the mountains.  What is nice in this area is that the Pyrenees are close by, you only have to go for a walk to see snow-covered mountains, and you don’t have to shovel it.  This suits me just fine.





At least now that I live in an apartment instead of the lovely villa that had a pool but no insulation and no central heating (which is typical of houses in the resort areas intended only for summer use), I can be comfortable when winter sets in.   In fact, it is a real pleasure to sit in a warm home when you know it’s cold outside.  I live in town and I have city gas.  It’s the first time since we lived in Tarragona that I’m warm at home in the winter.  I have a small apartment and a radiator in every room.  And I am truly grateful.


The cats are also grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment