Wednesday, November 30, 2022

No Regrets: A Life in Catalonia

I've written a book!  It's a memoir that begins when, at age 52, I moved from the Bay Area to Barcelona and then goes on to recount further moves and adventures.  First to Tarragona. once a Roman capital.  I was living in Tarragona when I read Maguerite Yourcenar's Memoirs of Hadrian and could look out my window and see the old town atop the Roman wall where he would have walked. I lived outside L'Ametlla de Mar, a small fishing village near the Ebro River, and finally Figueres, near the French border and hometown of Salvador Dali.  After the sagas of getting a phone and city gas installed, I go on to talk about Catalan culture, learning to speak Catalan, getting a Spanish divorce, getting a Spanish driver's license, adopting pets, making friends, and participating in the Catalan independence movement.  In other words, more adventures than I initially expected.

The book is titled No Regrets: A Life in Catalonia and is available at Amazon (all the Amazon sites, not just the US), Barnes & Noble, Book Depository, other online retailers, as well as your favorite brick and mortar bookshop.

Amazon.com link

Book Depository link

Barnes & Noble link

No comments:

Post a Comment